lunes, 27 de octubre de 2014

Art and dance in Spain

We live in a country where art is undervalued. I have danced for ten years and I have been among artists, dancers, actors and musicians a big part of my life. I understand art as a way of life, a way of feel. Something inside me dies everytime I talk about classical composers, dancers from the past and nowadays, and nobody knows them. It is really sad when lots of spanish artists have to leave their countries to triumph abrod. Maybe is because I am getting old and I realize that nothing have changed since I was eighteen, maybe is because of the new generations still being the same, but it makes me sad. I always put the same example: Angel Corella, one of the most tallented dancers in the world. Don´t you find curious that he is from Spain and, practically, nobody knows him? He left Spain to dance in "The American Ballet Theather" and a few years ago he returned to create his own dance company, but he failed. Spain, its people and its government  is not ready yet to this kind of proyects  We are focussed on sports but nobody talks about theater, dance, opera, etc. Sometimes, I compare the vision that Camilo José Cela had about Spain on his books with this age, even though we are living in the 21st. We should take more interest in something "different" and beautiful such as classical dance, for instance. From my point of view, we have to re-educate ourselves again and notice that art is in every little detail, every little sound, every little step. 




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario